Monday, January 11, 2010

Time for a change

A new year brings new hope for me. New hope at doing better in 2010. New hope of feeling better, of new opportunities, of renewed grace. I have been thinking about my "resolutions." Mine aren't so much things I want to accomplish this year, like lose 30 pounds (which I should) or eat more vegetables (which I also should) but rather things I want to be this year. I want to be grateful for what I have, for what I don't have, and for every thing that has led to this moment. I want to be healthier. I want to play more and enjoy more. I want to spend more time getting to intimately know the ones I love: my family, my hubby, my kids, my friends, and my God. I want to document our lives better. As a scrapbooker, I know that our tendancy can be to get in there and "Start at the beginning." But the problem with that is when you do that, sometimes you never get to the now. So I will being at the now. And, with some luck, I might tell the story back to the beginning. And if I don't, I will be grateful for what I did get to tell!

I don't really know why I am doing this. Except that I used to write in a journal. And with the addtion of a husband to my life and then two beautiful children, that has all but gone away. Who has the energy to write in a journal at the end of a day when you feel as if you have barely made it through? Tomorrow, I would say. And then one day I would open up my journal and realize that 365 tomorrows or more had passed and I hadn't written a word on how I FELT about all those many moments in between. I have plenty of drama filled journals of my youth for my kids to read someday. Actually I am not sure I would let them read some of them. (Have you ever gone and read through your teenage journals. Oy!) But since that isn't who I am now it isn't really the person about whom I want them to read. So, I thought I would give blogging a try. Someday my kids can read this and see what was going on in the head of that lady they call mom. And since I am always on the comptuer anyways, I think this will be more natural for me to do (and faster since I can type faster than I can write!! My fingers can almost keep up with my brain!).

So, welcome to my blog! I have lots of ideas for what I want to post, but I am going to take babysteps. It might be about my kids, my day, my household organization (or lack thereof), my MOPS group, my friends, my family, couponing, scrapbooking, stained glass, my deep desire to go somewhere tropical and warm this winter, cooking or baking, or any number of other things us moms try to do! I don't know if anyone will read this! But if nobody does, that is OK. Then my husband will get insight into the mind of his wife, and it will be there for my kids to see when they get old enough. And that will be enough for me! Yeah for 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment